Register FAQ Memberlist Search The Word Nerds Discussion Forum Index Visit our homepage

The Word Nerds Discussion Forum Index » Rude words » grammar to slang?
grammar to slang?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quote
IHateToast

in a dodgy bar in ohio, my german boyfriend and i were talked into a game of billiards. we both tried to get out of playing. i hate it and niko was embarrassed as he hadn't played much.

well, we won. whoo and a hoo.

the other players gave niko a lot of grief. the dialogue went something like this:
others: niko, you said you weren't good!
niko: yes. i didn't realize i wouldn't be sucking.

did i mention it was a dodgy bar? yeah. well dressed euroboy announcing that he wouldn't be sucking. nice. we were all foreign language grad students, so after recovering we explained the difference between "I wasn't sucking" and "I didn't suck (at ....)"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quote
RabiAkiva

ooops.
He came outa there alive?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
IHateToast

he did. he was a great source of entertainment. excellent english ski... i should use my shift key more, but as i work in state govt and they capitalise everything, i must rest the pinky

where was i?

he had excellent english skills, but the slang threw him. when he first arrived he was asked at a greasy spoon, "how do you like your eggs?" being german and translating literally, he just answered, "well.... i like them very much." i think he was a bit worried that in the u.s. we ask about your testicles before we take your order. see, he found that weird. i would have found that very nice. no one ever asks me about my reproductive organs. we're all too shy.

The Word Nerds Discussion Forum Index » Rude words